Work it: Visa Types

H-2A: Temporary agricultural workers

These visas are specific to agriculture and are the visas relevant to the Global Horizons case. H-2A allows compliant U.S. employers or agents to bring foreign nationals to the U.S. for temporary agricultural work.

H-2B: Temporary non-agricultural workers

Allows U.S. employers or U.S. agents who meet specific regulatory requirements to bring foreign nationals to the United States to fill temporary nonagricultural jobs. This could include nannies, restaurant workers, janitors, etc.

H-1A: Temporary visas for registered nurses

H-1B: Specialty occupations

H-1B visas are for workers with a bachelor’s degree or higher, such as computer programming. This is also applicable to artists or those in the entertainment industry.

T non-immigrant status: Victims of human trafficking

“T” visas are for victims of human trafficking. This visa protects victims of trafficking and their families and allows them to stay in the United States.

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services